Thursday, October 27, 2011

Play Dough!

Who doesn't love play dough? The homemade kind is so much better than store bought. We just finished using it in art class as a preparation for our clay project (gives the kids a chance to plan their project) and I used it at a baby shower I threw (we played sculpturades which is like pictionary but 3D rather than 2D). This play dough is not edible (I've heard the salt levels can be toxic). Here's the recipe I use:


1 cup flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
½ cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Food coloring

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Use a wooden spoon to stir over medium heat until ball forms. Turn the hot ball out onto a counter or cutting board and begin kneading as it cools.

Yields 4-6 small balls

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a recipe for a wheat free play dough? I have a student with a severe wheat allergy and can't even touch the stuff.

    ReplyDelete